Losing stubborn fats has never been easy. It seems that it takes more than just self determination to stick to your one of your most anticipated new year resolutions, to lose weight, to get a better body, to live a healthier lifestyle. With the rise of technology, we can turn to mobile application to help us manage that determination.
Sports Apps to Lose Stubborn Fats
(1) Running for Weight Loss – Trackers & Plans
This is the first running app on the App Store designed specially for weight loss. Its program can help you shed fats in 8 weeks. This app provides short interval running workouts and meal plans with healthy recipes to achieve weight loss goals. The app was featured in Washington Post, AppleInsider and Huffington Post. Also featured by Apple in “Best Apps for Runners”, “Get in Shape”, “Hit the Ground Running in 2016”
- The Running for Weight Loss app is free of charge, however its premium membership comes with $9.99 per month (or $39.99 per year subscription)
- Personal trainer feature with audio instruction for every training
- Record keeping of every workout and overall progress tracker
- Synchronise easy with Apple Health, Fitbit, RunKeeper and MapMyRun
- Easy to adjust mix of music to follow workout pace (1000+ music mixes)
- Water tracker, meal plan, hundreds of yummy recipes
- Unlimited variety of training plan based on goals, level, and conditions.
(2) Weight Loss Fitness – Workout Plan
Weight Loss Fitness is the best way to lose weight fast. It’s the fitness app, designed to help you lose weight, get fit and make your workout routine effective and enjoyable. Get your personal fitness plan of short and easy home workouts, support your fitness motivation with workout mixes and manage your own workout schedule. Succinct and useful tips will help you learn how to lose weight fast and burn calories. Calorie counter and activity tracker will keep you informed about your fitness progress. Download this weight loss app, work out at home, lose weight and slim down in just 6 weeks!
- Weight Loss Fitness app is free of charge. The upgrade to Premium provides an access to personalised fitness workout plan and other member features.
- Training plan and workout schedule based on personal parameters and goals.
- Video and audio support, workout music, training and progress stats, healthy lifestyle tips.
- Comes in multi language (French, Japanese, Portuguese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Italian, Spanish, German and Russian)
- Can be synchronised with Google Fit, so you can export data about exercises from your app to Google Fit, and import fitness data and weight and body measurements from Google Fit to Weight Loss Fitness app.
(3) MyFitnessPal – Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker
With millions of downloads, MyFitnessPal can boast as being one of the most popular apps for sports / running / healthy lifestyle. Whether you want to lose weight, tone up, get healthy, change your habits, or start a new diet MyFitnessPal has you covered. MyFitnessPal members have lost over 200 million pounds and 88% of people who track for at least 7 days on MyFitnessPal lose weight.
- Sign up for FREE and opt for a premium feature when you upgrade.
- Biggest Food Database — 6+ million foods in database including global cuisines
- Connect with all your favorite apps and devices — Including Fitbit, Jawbone UP, Garmin, MapMyFitness, Runkeeper, Strava, Runtastic, Misfit, Withings, HealthKit, UA Record and many more
- Recipe Importer, Food Insights, Create Your Own Menu, Calorie Counter, Nutrient Tracker, Restaurant Logging, Diary Customisation, Water Tracking – useful features to help you live a healthy lifestyle.
(4) Runkeeper – Running Tracker & Mapping
Runkeeper app promotes fun running for everyone. You can join the running community, track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, you use this GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting.
- Track workouts, set goals and see your progress, follow personalised plans.
- Running Groups – Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
- Audio Cues – A motivating voice that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time.
- Training Plans – Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way.
- Easy connect with other top apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, Spotify and more.
- FREE at first. Premium Plan offers Prescribed Workouts, Progress Insights, Live Tracking and more.
(5) 8fit – Workouts & Meal Planner
8fit is your mobile personal trainer. Enjoy quick workout routines combined with a simple healthy meal planner tailored for you. Whether your goal is to lose weight, get fit or gain weight, join millions of 8fitters who are getting results and living a sustainable, happy, healthy lifestyle.
- a lifestyle coach to help you create daily habits by teaching you proper nutrition and giving you strategic at-home exercises, with over 350 exercises.
- 8fit provides guidance with your meal planning and along your fitness journey, not just following a calorie tracker or generic gym workouts.
- healthy eating tools you need to reach your health and weight goals, helping by providing grocery list, over 400 healthy recipes customised to your personal tastes or allergies, dietary preferences.
- 8fit is FREE for everyone. To unlock exclusive workouts and complete meal plans, subscribe to the Pro version.
(6) Seven – 7 Minute Workouts
Getting fit has never been this easy – or this much fun. Seven’s workouts are based on scientific studies to provide the maximum benefit in the shortest time possible. With personalised workout plans Seven also makes sure you get the most out of your training. Want to Get Fit, Lose Weight or Get Strong? Just set your goal and fitness level, and let Seven take care of the rest.
- Work out anywhere, anytime, no equipment needed
- Create a habit of working out with our everyday workout challenge
- Compete with friends for extra encouragement and support
- Earn achievements from novice to athlete as you vary your routine
- Create your own workouts tailored to your needs and preferences
- Keep it fun with instructors like the Drill Sergeant, Cheerleader and many more
- Seven is FREE.
(7) MapMyRun – GPS Running & Workout Tracker
Track and map every run with MapMyRun and get feedback and stats to improve your performance. Discover the best running routes, save and share your favorites, and get inspired to reach new running goals with a community of over 40 million runners. Whether you’re a beginner looking to log your first mile or a seasoned runner, you’ll find the features and tools you need to stay on track and motivated along the way.
- TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS – Log over 600+ activities with the largest selection of activity types, including: running, cycling, and more; Connect with 400+ devices to import and analyse all your data in one place.
- CONNECT WITH WEARABLES – Track your runs with the Android Wear app and view your progress at a glance; Sync your data with the hottest apps and wearables, including Google Fit, Android Wear, Garmin, Fitbit, Jawbone, and more.
- NUTRITION TRACKER – Take control of your nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
- JOIN THE COMMUNITY – See what your friends are doing on your Activity Feed; Get social and share your workouts on Facebook and Twitter; Join Challenges to compete with others, climb the leaderboard, and win awesome prizes.
- App is FREE with Paid Premium features (ad free, premium training plans, etc) for $5.99 per month (or $29.99 yearly subscription)
(8) Nike+ Run Club
Whether you’re just getting started or getting ready for another race, the Nike Run Club app surrounds you with everyone and everything you need to run better. With the motivation of millions of runners behind you and expert guidance around every turn, we’ll help you reach your goals—and have more fun doing it.
- Tracks And Stores All Your Runs And Records
- Audio Guided Running Workouts with Nike Coaches and Athletes
- Personalized Coaching Plans Now Adapt To Your Schedule And Progress
- Trophies and Badges To Celebrate Your Achievements
- Compare And Compete With Friends On Leaderboards
- In-Run Cheers from Friends
- More Fun And Customizable Post-run Sharing With Friends
- App is FREE
(9) LifeSum – Calorie Counter & Food Tracker
Calorie counter & macro tracker – discover how tracking small habits can make a big difference. Eat healthy and lose weight with Lifesum! Access recipes and a personalized diet plan to help you reach your health goals. Use the macro tracker and meal planner for nutrition information and useful diet tips.
- Diet & meal planner suited to you and your lifestyle
- Calorie counter with barcode scanner for easy food tracking
- Macro tracker – see your daily nutrition & calories
- Weight loss motivator – get diet tips & feedback
- Recipes & healthy living: ketodiet, low carb, high protein & much more!
- Lifesum integrates with Google Fit and S Health
- App is FREE, with extended features on Premium Plan (i.e. sync-able with fitness apps such as Moves, Nokia Health, FitBit, Jawbone, Endomondo and Runkeeper)
(10) Endomondo – Running & Walking Tracker
Get the most out of your runs, walks, rides, and more with our top rated fitness tracker and personal training app. With Endomondo, you can track all of your workouts using GPS, check your stats, and reach your fitness goals. Download the app now and get motivated to get active!
- TRACK YOUR FITNESS – Track your running, walking, cycling, and 40+ other sports using GPS; See duration, speed, distance, calories, and more on your workout summary.
- ANALYZE YOUR PERFORMANCE – Keep a full training log; Analyze performance such as split times for each workout
- SYNC WITH APPS AND WEARABLES – Get your calorie and nutrition information from MyFitnessPal right in the app; Connect with Google Fit & other wearable devices to track, including Garmin, Gear, Pebble, and Android Wear.
- GET SOCIAL – Send and receive real-time audio pep talks from friends; social news feeds, challenges from friends; share to Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- App is FREE with Premium features on monthly subscription $5.99 while the annual subscription $29.99 per year or $2.50 per month.
(11) Sworkit – Workout & Fitness Plans
Over 25 million people use Sworkit. You choose what kind of workout you want and how long you have, then Sworkit will show you exactly what to do. Sworkit is rated #1 by a recent study assessing fitness apps based on the parameters for safety, stretching, progression, and more set by the ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine). The app has delivered over 40 millions workouts to people of all fitness levels.
- Get you started on a 6 week program to get “Leaner,” “Fitter,” or “Stronger.” We have plans for beginners, intermediate, and advanced.
- Give you a huge database of body weight exercises. That means you can do these workouts from anywhere. No more travel or too busy excuses. You can even do a 5 minute stretch in the office.
- Provide the ability to make your own custom workout. That means you can make a workout with all of your favorite exercises, nothing you despise. Hello, motivation!
- App is FREE, with Sworkit Premium available through a quarterly subscription for $29.99 USD and a yearly subscription for $79.99 USD
(12) Freeletics Bodyweight
Freeletics Bodyweight is the most effective fitness training program, adapted to your schedule, your fitness level and your goals, whether you want to lose weight, build muscle, or simply get in better shape.
- 5-30 minute workouts based on bodyweight only.
- No equipment. Your body is your only tool. Work out anywhere, anytime.
- More than 900 workout variations, covering all your muscle groups for continuous and fast progression.
- Adapted to all fitness levels, from beginners to advanced athletes.
- State-of-the-art tutorial videos for perfect execution.
- Join a community of 20 million users, who will support you through each of your workouts thanks to the social feed.
- App is free of charge. Get your training plan and further features with the Coach, which is available in the app with a subscription.
(13) Workout Trainer: fitness coach
Work out anywhere, anytime with Workout Trainer – at your fingertips! Whether you like working out at home or lifting weights at the gym, we’ve got you covered with thousands of free workouts and custom training programs led by expert coaches.
- With adjustable difficulty levels, suitable for every stage of your fitness journey.
- Advanced Heart Rate Feedback – you can connect your Smartwatch and Bluetooth LE Heart Rate Monitor to get instant heart rate feedback during your workouts.
- Compare & analyze your performance afterwards so you can effectively hit your resolutions!
- Get custom training programs tailored to your needs, stay accountable, and reach your goals faster with the help of a real online trainer.
- Stay motivated with a 20 million member community.
- FREE App
(14) Daily Yoga – Yoga Fitness Plans
A true yoga app for beginners to advanced. Daily Yoga offers 500+ asanas, 50+ yoga class plans, 200+ guided yoga, pilates, meditation classes plus the largest yoga pose base that suit yogis from beginner to advanced. Not only helps you stay with yoga every day, but also provides health benefits for both your mind and body.
- 50+ Yoga class plans & workshops for Beginner to Advanced, Getting Toned and Wellness
- 500+ yoga poses with detailed voice instructions
- 200+ yoga classes with HD video updated monthly
- Multiple choices for session duration varied from 5 – 70 mins
- Stay on track with your health data
- Specially designed meditations with online coach guide
- Yoga post daily with a supportive community
- FREE App
(15) Runtastic – Running & Fitness Tracker
Reach your fitness goals & boost your running training with the free Runtastic GPS Running & Fitness app. Let us be your go-to fitness tracker (distance, time, speed, elevation, calories burned…) – for activities like running, jogging, biking & walking. It’s the best walking, running and jogging app on the planet! Be a part of a global fitness community & get tips from the pros to help you reach your fitness goals. Track your entire running map right in the best running app!
- Personal fitness tracker: Track fitness workouts with GPS & running map.
- Voice Coach: Audio feedback for the first mile. The perfect boost from your runner app.
- LIVE Tracking & Cheering: Receive cheers from your friends (who can follow you on your running map) on your next GPS running activity. Which other running apps do that
- Powersong: Integrated music player & Powersong to give your next workout a boost
- App is FREE
(16) StrongLifts 5×5 – Workout Log & Personal Trainer
The StrongLifts 5×5 workout app is like having a personal strength and muscle building coach in your pocket. The app guides you through every StrongLifts 5×5 workout. It shows you which exercise to do each workout, with how much weight, how long to rest between sets and a lot more. This takes the guess work out of your training so you can focus on lifting!
- FREE DOWNLOAD
- Records weights, sets and reps – no more pen and paper!
- Know which exercise to do and how much to lift each workout
- Auto-alternate workout A/B, switch manually anytime from the menu
- Auto-add weight each workout, set increments/microload in settings
- and many more!
(17) Strava – Running & Cycling GPS
Millions of runners and cyclists use Strava to record their activities, compare performance over time, compete with their community, and share the photos, stories and highlights of their activities with friends.
- Activity Tracking – During and after activity, get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned, as well as an interactive map of your activity
- Personal Challenge – Participate in monthly Challenges designed to push you further
- Social Training – Follow friends, training buddies and pros to view each other’s activities and encourage them with kudos and comments
- Device Friendly – Strava works with almost all GPS running watches, cycling computers and activity trackers
- Heart Rate – Train with a heart rate monitor for additional performance data
- App is FREE, with some in app purchasing for premium features.
(18) PumpUp — Fitness Community
PumpUp is a safe and supportive space to share your journey toward a healthy body and healthy mind. From sharing your challenges & triumphs, to tracking your fitness, to hiring a Certified Coach, PumpUp has you covered. With millions of like-minded people cheering you on, it’s never been easier to become the best version of you!
- SHARE YOUR JOURNEY & STAY MOTIVATED – With millions of members from over 150 countries cheering you on, any goal is possible.
- GET HEALTHY & ACTIVE – Discover the best workout routines created by members of the community, and get guided through your workout with video demonstrations and voice prompts for over 700 exercises.
- HIRE A PUMPUP CERTIFIED COACH – Receive mentorship and accountability from your PumpUp Certified Coach so you can reach your goals – all at an affordable price.
- FIND THE PERFECT ROLE MODEL – From Olympic athletes, to personal trainers, to certified nutritionists, to people just like you, there’s someone for everyone to look up to.
- Free App
(19) 30 Day Full Fitness Challenge
Workout at home, suited for anybody at any time. The 30 Day Full Fitness Challenge, designed by a professional fitness coach, is scientifically proven to help improve fitness and health. Stick with the program, and you will see amazing results.
- suitable for people of any age and fitness condition (however seek advise from medical professional first)
- what will happen after 30 days of exercise? Toned arms, flat tummy, peachy butt, skinny thighs, bikini beach body, sculpted abs.
- FREE App for the 1 first 1 week (no commitment, can cancel anytime), afterward weekly subscription for only $9.99
(20) Fitness Buddy – Gym Workouts
Find out why gym goers are switching over to Fitness Buddy! With 1700+ unique exercises at your disposal, Fitness Buddy will revolutionize your training regimen. With this app, you will find the workout tracking process simple and easy in order to sustain your motivation and enforce your commitment to your fitness goals.
- 1700+ unique exercises & 1000+ HD videos (free version up to 300+ exercises)
- Comprehensive exercises for all major equipments including barbell, ez curl bar, dumbbells, kettlebells, resistance bands, medicine ball, machines, and stability balls
- Exercise categorization (core, lower body, chest, shoulders, back, arms, cardio)
- 4000+ exercise photos and animations (retina display resolution)
- Detailed exercise instructions and muscle categorizations
- Capabilities to add your own custom exercises and favorite exercises
- FREE App, upgrade to premium for more features.